Saturday, January 24, 2009

My Timbo talks a lot. I think he talks more than either kid at this age. I am always amazed at the things I hear him say. It may not always be the right word but he comes up with his own things. Guns are "shoot"s, his bed is a "nigh-nigh", Kati's hair detangler is "mil".

For example yesterday he was watching me cut out denim for his blanket. A blanket I was guilted in to making but that's another post for another day. While I was using a roller cutter I sliced into my finger and hollered "ouch!". So now everytime he sees my tool or the denim he calls them "ouch".

Well yesterday at naptime he blew me away with a correct use of the word.

Earlier in the day I threw Bubba into the washing machine for a quick bath but I forgot about him until lunch time. Which did not leave we enough time to get him dry before Timbo would lay down. Thank goodness for the back up Bubba hidden in our closet, I just had Jeffrey throw it into the crib with Timothy wasn't around.

Timothy finished his spaghetti and I cleaned him up and delivered him to get kisses from Jeff. I cuddled him close before I layed him down in his crib and wondered if he would notice the switch. I layed Bubba face first onto Timothy (he always puts Bubba butt up by his face) and waited with a smile. He flipped Bubba around and began to fiddle with the tag on Bubbas butt when his sweet face changed and he thrusted Bubba toward me a began to holler "fake, fake". I could do nothing but say "Sorry buddy. I love you."
This is what Jeff found when he checked on him later. I guess the fake Bubba isn't even worthy enough to sleep in the same crib.

I am just amazed that he knew fake and used it correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment