Thursday, January 22, 2009

Dear Wal-mart greeter man,

We, as a family, have noticed you for some time now. As I am sure you have noticed us, it would be hard not to notice the littlest one waving hello every time we pass through or the great debate on who gets to sit where in the basket, especially since we come several times a week.

As the months have gone by I have seen a change in your gruff exterior. In the beginning we were only granted a head nod but more recently I have seen the faint smile when our antics are held right before your eyes. I am certain that in a few more months you may even begin to wave back to the baby and say hello to the kids, as long as you don't let the incident skew your opinion of my sweet little family.

I can assure you that when Brendon said you smelled "like a stinky diaper" that it was only meant in kindness. See, he too has noticed you all these months and now has a familiarity and a liking for you. I promise that those ugly words came out of acceptance and love from his heart. And if ever he kicks you in the shin then you are a pal for life. So please, don't let my families backward affection dissuade you. We think you are great. Please don't withhold your head nods any longer, it took us so long to get where we were.

And really he couldn't smell you from that far anyway.

1 comment: