Monday, January 12, 2009

I so needed this

Blogging is like therapy for me but sometimes there are things that just can't be blogged. That is unless you are an anonymous blogger and your friends and family know nothing about what you do. So sometimes when my therapy has to be censored I feel kind of pent up and get a little blue. I have been blue. I hate being blue.

My friend Michele is in town but we hadn't yet seen one another so it just added to my blueness (is that even a word) but on Saturday we had lunch. It was just what I needed. It was so nice to catch up and hear about what they have been doing since they left. After lunch she helped me get all my clothes together for my mom's wedding on Saturday. I needed the help. Shopping isn't something I like do anyway but since I have put on a little more weight I have had absolutely no desire to try something on and then actually look at myself. She helped me pick which dress. And then enlightened me on tights. She helped me pick jewelry, a necklace I never would have been bold enough to pick on my own but its so cute and Jeffrey loves it. And last we were on a mission to find shoes. I have never had so much fun shopping. We walked and talked and admired shoes, even ones we knew we wouldn't buy. It was great.

Thanks Michele. I've missed you and never in a million years would I have thought I could enjoy shopping. We will have to do it again sometime.

Alabama is way to far......

2 comments:

  1. I see a summer road trip to Alabama in the forecast for the "bug, bear, and bo" family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had fun too!! I'm glad you liked shopping with me. And you DEFINITELY need to come to AL to visit.

    ReplyDelete