Thursday, March 5, 2009

So a horse walks into a bar

I received an e-mail in reference to my post about the ranch and thought I would share it with you all......

Stacy,

I am so proud of you; you have made significant improvement in moving out of the city girl mode and becoming a insert our last name(tr. "hick, redneck, hillbilly. cowboy.") Your recent blog is a good example. You gave a pretty good definition of a 'ranch' and were aware that we don't really live on one. Yet, you were very sensitive to feelings, apparently understanding my desire to live on a real ranch.

However, we don't have gay cows. Actually, we don't have cows at all, although cowboys do sometimes lump the whole species into that general category. They were boys (bulls), we adjusted their sexual orientation to zero (steers.) But they never were gay; they just missed their Momma. Just for your further education.

Daddy



In my defense, I did hear Momma say that she was "tired of looking at those gay cows" and would Daddy and Jason please put up a fence to separate them.

My Dad, he cracks me up. I just love getting e-mails from him. Or talking to him. Or listening to him talk to other people. Or...well I could go on forever...I'm pretty much saying if it involves Daddy I'm gonna love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment