Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Not their cup of tea

For Valentines day Jeff and I went to Cheesecake Factory and for the first time ever I had asparagus. I know, I'm twenty six, why was this my first time. I'm not really sure. Maybe it had to do with the can of asparagus that was in our pantry for years. Jeff and I both say we didn't buy it so maybe it just creeped me out. But Valentines night I was feeling adventures and decided that if Cheesecake Factory was preparing the asparagus they would ensure that they didn't send me anything creepy.

It was a hit. I loved it.

While at Walmart last week I saw some in the produce department and thought I would try my hand at cooking it. While we grilled burgers I also grilled the asparagus. Our burgers weren't coming out so hot but the asparagus was wonderful. I munched away while we watched the burger shrink into oblivion.

When dinner came I begrudgingly shared some with the rest of the family. And much to my delight it doesn't look like I will be having to do that again any time soon.


What's wrong with these kids, asparagus rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment