Monday, December 1, 2008

Late yet again....

So I have plans for a tradition. I have to say that I "have plans" a lot and then they don't always carry out so, who knows, next year this will probably be a very distant memory with no duplications.

"The plan"
Each year we will do the turkey hands so I can see their growth for the year. And each year I will ask all the kids (and force Jeff) to tell me what they are thankful for that year. I want to be specific with what they are thankful for in that year because overall we are always thankful for the same things salvation, my home, my family and so on and so forth. While they are wonderful things to be thankful for I think if I have them reflect on only what they are thankful for that year when we look back later we will be able to share some fond memories.

Now that's the plan and really the kids are way too little to only reflect on what happened in this one year when they have no concept of time. In a few years they will get it but right now Jeff and I can begin. So after all that rambling here is our list....


Katibug
grass
dirt
our house
Christmas
fall

Brendonbear
trees
Halloween
Christmas
grandma's house
our comfy beds so we don't have to sleep on the ground

Timbo
milk
bubba
"feet feet"
church
Chloe

Jeffrey
The Lord
My family
Stacy
My job, it challenges me a lot and keeps me busy
Austin

Me
For our boys protection while at war
That I live in America and am free to make my own choices
meeting Kyle and Michele
Austin
fraud protection

I forgot to mention that I am also going to have the kids color there pictures after they dry so I can also keep up with their artistic abilities from year to year.

Bear
Timbo
Kati

No comments:

Post a Comment