Monday, July 21, 2008

This picture has absolutely nothing to do with the post. Her silly face just tickled me so much. How can such a beautiful girl make such a weird face. I think I will have to save this one for future blackmail.
Last week for the first time our little girl sat through an entire sermon with us. What a blessing. I loved sharing it all with her. Surprisingly I wasn't at all sad. This is the first time any of our children have reached a stage in their lives that wasn't mixed with joy and sadness. I can only be happy to feel her warm, slim little body next to mine as I hear Randy speak about the Lord that I love.

Right now in the evenings we are watching Matthew videos. It's the book of Matthew, word for word, being acted out. It may sound boring but Jeffrey and I are enjoying it very much. It's having me look at Jesus in a different way. Although this is just one person's interpretation, I had never thought of Jesus being a playful silly man, but who knows maybe he was.

I got a little off topic, where was I headed..........oh, yes, my Kati. It is thrilling to have her whisper to me, not so quietly I might add, questions while we watch. "Who is that?", "Why did they just say, 'and Jesus went off alone'?". She is listening, really listening.

The most exciting way I have watched my girl grow wasn't her first step or the first time I heard her say 'mama' but it has been spiritually. She is asking so many questions now. Wanting to understand this and that. And although I don't feel worthy enough to have been the one appointed her teacher, I know that have been, that Jeffrey and I are. That's a big job to fill but I am glad that we have the job to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment