Thursday, July 10, 2008

Get your veggies

Have you ever put forth a concerted effort to be kind to someone?

I mean really kind. You talk when you don't really feel like talking, you ask questions about their life when you normally wouldn't, only to be met with unkindness. Sometimes down right rudeness.

I put forth my effort. I was rebuffed, more than rebuffed down right ignored in some cases. And I also learned that this person is not who they appear to be. Really they have a lot of people fooled.

A lot.

Well, I have been stewing in it. Really stewing. At this point this person can do no right in my mind. In fact, I am now rebuffing and ignoring and being rude.

Until I was convicted last night...........

by..........

the Veggie Tales.

Yes, that's right, by the Veggie Tales. How embarrassing. I was suppose to be working on my Bible Study but didn't have all the supplies I needed so I watched a movie with the kids. I was not even thinking about the situation, the person, or myself for that matter because what could I possibly be doing wrong here. And then the little asparagus dealt the blow.

"He has a shoe,
I have a pot.
When we look deeper
there is more that we've got.
God made us special
and now I can see
If you are special to Him
then you are special to me"

The Lord does work in mysterious ways. When I was stewing in my yuck yesterday, multiplied by the fact that I would have to see her, who would have thought that a cucumber and an asparagus would point out my own sin to me.

I can't change her but I can change myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment