Thursday, July 24, 2008

Things will be answered in His own time, not our own

This picture was taken the day we found out we were pregnant with Kati.
We had waited and wanted her for so long. That may sound funny to you if you know us and know that we were only 21 when she was born, but what you must keep in mind is that Kati had her name long before we were even married. We dreamt of her. What she would look like. How her voice would sound. The kind of woman she would become some day. Just the simple dream of holding her in our arms.

Of course it was difficult to see all the people around us pregnant, some unmarried kids. I even had a woman ask me if she needed to draw me pictures on how it all worked. Those words cut like a knife. Just teasing words but painful none the less.

While reading the bible one day I came across this passage and highlighted it, out to the side I wrote just this one simple word, "baby", along with the date January 20, 2002.

Proverbs 3: 5 & 6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.


Exactly one year from the day I read that, exactly one year from the day that I highlighted those words and hid them in my heart, we learned that the Lord was blessing us with a child. Our Kati.

No comments:

Post a Comment