Tuesday, October 30, 2007

If you are in need of a mediocre laugh

Okay, so it's about 15 minutes before we are about to walk out the door for a child's birthday party when I notice the house is kind of smokey and my eyes are burning. The Ham! Oh man. It was bad y'all. This is my sink full of....... a mess (I'm so good with words).You apparently can't cook a nearly twenty pound ham in a pyrex dish that is 13 x 9. It was the grace of God and not smarts that had me put cookie sheets on the rack below. If I hadn't I think it might have caught fire and I'm not kidding. I guess seven years of cooking on your own does not make you a chef or even qualify you to heat up pizza rolls for that matter.
I had no choice but save what I could for the church pot luck the next day, sorry everyone. Here is a picture of some of the really over cooked stuff. You know it's over cooked when some says "Is this beef or pork?".
Just in case you don't believe it was really all that bad.......
I know, I know it looks like molten lava.
I really am a good cook, well unless you count that time I served my then boyfriend spagheti with rare meat sauce, or the time I tried to fry chicken without oil (more smoke), or how about last week when I nearly burnt the kitchen down making pancakes. Ya know, now that I think about it maybe I should just order in from now on. Maybe this explains why my older children are underweight.

2 comments:

  1. Your Mom thinks you are a wonderful cook and I think your husband agrees. The first time I cooked fried okra it ended up in the trash. When I first got my blender I thought it would be so easy to mash the potatoes in there. Have you ever had a potato milk shake? Even thick gravy couldn't help those potatoes. Love you Mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smoke!

    Hahahaha.

    Sorry. I couldn't resist.

    A few moments ago I was on my cell phone with my adult daughter and the house phone rang and I was cooking tortillas in hot oil. To make a long story short, my house is full of smoke now. Don't feel bad!

    Thanks for your visit to the Big Yellow House! I hope you come again.

    You have a beautiful family.

    Martie

    ReplyDelete