Saturday, February 28, 2009

The best part of waking up

As I lay under my nice warm blanket this morning I thought of all the things I had to do today, realizing that I must first leave my comfort. I lay there remembering the sound of the cold front coming in in the wee hours of this day. The wind howled through, relentlessly beating the wind chime right outside our bedroom window. I shivered at the thought of loading all the kids in the car while I stood in the cold. A smile crept at the corners of my mouth when I thought of warm coffee in my tall purple coffee mug. I wouldn't make it as cowboys and men do. Not thick as mud and made to put hair on your chest. I would drink it as my grandfather uses to say, "a little coffee with your cream". It would be heaven, filled to the brim with coffee mate and tons of sugar. It would be worth leaving my cocoon to just smell the coffee brewing, it would sustain me through dressing kids while their teeth chattered and they complained. My tan motivation in a cup would get me through it all. And then I remembered. I remembered all the mornings I have gotten up and climbed onto that bike. All the sweat I have produced with absolutely no weight loss. I remembered Bear's comment about my big hinnie and the images of my naked self in the mirror.

I dragged my self out of bed, turned up the heat, and poured myself a freezing cold bowl of mini wheats.

1 comment:

  1. My coffee is worked into my WW plan. I use artificial sweetner and 1% milk so it's A-Okay!

    ReplyDelete