Saturday, February 14, 2009

Last week I began thinking that it had been a while since Jeffrey and I had enjoyed a date. It had been a while so I asked my mom if she could keep the kids over night so Jeff and I could enjoy our date without having to rush back anywhere. The plan was for this friday, we would go out for dinner and even though Jeff was going to have to work saturday morning I was going to spend a few hours working on Timothy's blanket before I picked up the kids.

Unfortunately our plans were changed when we found out my mom was sick. Although she was feeling a little better on friday I told her not to worry about it that I just wanted her to just rest. So Jeff and I just sucked it up and I planned to make a nice dinner for us and the kids that night. I spent the day doing all the laundry and cleaning but at lunch time Jeff called and said that he was going to call his parents and see if they could watch them. The plan was to meet them half way and they kids could stay at their house but instead they came here and Jeff got us a room. It gets even more exciting for me.

First we went out to eat, oh no, wait, first, I got beautiful flowers and then we went out to eat. I thought Cheesecake Factory would be nice since Jeff had never been there. We really enjoyed it. After we drove to our hotel that is in within walking distance to Jeff's job since he has to work today. I love it, it beautiful! Inside our room Jeffrey had a large balloon tied to my favorite candy, chocolate covered strawberries and one of my favorite drinks waiting for me. Later we slipped into our swimming suits and went to try out the indoor heated pool. Imagine our disappointment when we got down there and their were other people there. Don't they know we are on a special date! They left not to long after we got there. We sat in the hot tub for a little while but I had to get out because of my heart, that pool didn't seem so heated after we had been in the 105 degree hot tub. While I was swimming I was surprised to get a mouth full of salt. Salt water pool, new to me.

I haven't even got to the best part yet. Today after Jeff gets off of work I get to take a tour of his job and see all the mind boggling things he does all day. It's a special treat. They just don't let non-employees inside. I have only been inside once. I took the kids up there when Bear was only a few weeks old. I think the security guard was only lured by the baby. They let me go into the lunch room for just a short while and when I asked to use the ladies room there was question on if I was even going to be aloud to go. I know the thought of seeing someone else's job might sound like a snoozer but I can't wait. We had to get permission all the way from the V.P. It's so exciting, I love hearing about Jeff's day and all the things he does, the new machines or things that he has done that improve production. He might even turn some of them on for me. I feel like a little kid at Christmas!

So pretty much what I am saying is that my mom getting sick is the best thing that could have happened to my weekend. Thanks mom, hope you feel better soon. And a huge thanks to Jeff's parents for coming all the way out here so Jeff and I could get a break, we really appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment