Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I'm baaaack

We are back on-line and hopefully it isn't temporary. I would love to spend the time and catch up on a million things but alas I am to busy today. However I will leave you with some funny things my kids have said lately.....

As I have mentioned I am now riding an indoor bike everyday at an attempt to lose weight. On the very first day I thought that this was something really awful I had gotten myself into. The seat was a killer. I talked with Jeff about it and we decided I would buy a new wider seat. So off to Wal-mart I go. I stand in front of approximately ten seats trying to figure out what I should get when I finally just throw one in the basket and continue my shopping. Brendon pats the new seat and tells Kati "These are for people with big hinnies like Mommy." Kids are nothing if not honest.

Lately Kati has begun to notice again the colors of peoples skin and while that is all fine and good I don't want her to be pointing out people in the store and saying things about "that man with the brown face" so I tried explaining it in a new way. Yes, we all have different skin but we also have different colored eyes and hair but we don't make a point of describing people with just those features. "And besides," I said, "I don't say 'Hey Kati, that girl with the white face." To which she replied, "Yeah and I don't say things like you're that girl with the dots all over her face"
That would be acne


And last, I had my feelings soar only to realize I was completely mistaken.
Bear, "Mommy you're a hottie"
Me, with a smile on my face "What did you say?"
Bear, "You're a hottie, you make fires outside"
(I was cooking on the grill)

2 comments: