Saturday, August 25, 2007

Over the last few years we have experienced the loss of people in our lives. Some family, some friends, one loss with pain so intense that it feels like it may never go away and you wonder how you will force yourself to get up the next morning. If we all were able to think as children maybe it would be easier.....maybe not, just that simply faith they have that the Bible speaks of. Our friends lost their mother this week, our dear sweet Mimi. No that's not her really name, I don't believe I have ever called her anything else, you see she was the grandmother to a friend of mine as a teen' and to me Mimi was the only name that truly fit her. Her son-in-law affectionately called her "the old battle axe", her daughter called her "Momma" as did some other church members. Just such a sweet woman with a raspy voice from age. Now here is the point I was trying to make: I was trying to decide how to tell the children of her passing without possibly causing worry in their lives so I told them that Mimi got to go to heaven on that day. After my announcement Bear clasped his hand together in such excitement for her and said "She gets to be with Jesus today!". If only we could think of those things instead of our own pain life would probably be easier but alas I don't believe it is possible. For now we will grieve through out our lives as more losses come, because they will, but someday we ourselves will get to rejoice in heaven were there will be no more tears which is hard to believe but the Bible says it so I must believe it.

You will be missed Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment