Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My big girl


Do not adjust your screen that is an eight you see. No, time has not really gone by that fast my girl is just a nut. The day of the party it became obvious that her Barbie cake was just not going to happen so we had to make a trip to the store for more cake mix. After she picked out the flavor she wanted we headed over to the candles. I showed her the # 4 and told her she could have that one or one of the others meaning the spirals or polka-dots. Kati thought for just a moment and declared she wanted an eight. I explained that she wasn't turning eight only four but eight was what she wanted. The best lesson I ever learned in a child development class was what's your really reason for saying no to a child. Having an eight candle on her birthday cake may not be "right" but it was fun and so we did it. I will always remember that moment and it will leave a smile on my face. Happy Birthday Party pumpkin

No comments:

Post a Comment