Friday, August 31, 2007

Are you kidding me!

I saw on the news this morning that a school in Colorado is banning tag. Tag! It is a game we all played as kids and we turned out just fine. None of us are lying awake at night with memories of being chased by fellow classmates, and if you are you should seek help for underlying issues. We are going to have a nation full of pansies, no tag, everyone must get the same valentine card, no dodge ball, the list goes on of things deemed harmful to todays kids. As a child I was playing tag with my sister when she picked up a large rock and pelted me with it since she couldn't catch up to me, she gleefully yelled "you're it" and ran off. If that happened to me and I can still endorse playing tag the rest of America should relax. These kids are going to grow up not knowing how to deal with rejection or conflict of any kind. They are going to get to their real world jobs and have a heart attack when they are fired someday, oh wait I forgot, those kids will have bosses that also grew up with these ridiculous rules and there will probably be no firing aloud. Aaaaaahhhh! I am at a loss for words to express myself clearly on just how stupid I think this is, well I guess that just sums it up for me......it's just stupid, tag never scared anyone for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment