Thursday, November 13, 2008

Who needs kid gloves, just treat her like a boy

This is Kati's first year to be in Sparks. In the beginning she had already made up her mind that she wasn't going to like it. In fact she declared that she wouldn't even be turning five. if you find out how to stop age progression then let me know sister She has now changed her mind, in the words of Kati "It's way cooler than Cubbies". One of the things that I enjoy about her being in Sparks, aside from all the spiritual growth, is game time. Although we do go out nearly everyday to play it's not like we can get a good game of tag going on when there are only three people who can run and one of those people has to keep up with the baby who can't do any of that. She loves to do things with us but once she gets with a group she becomes all shy and won't participate. At VBS she wouldn't do anything. Even on the last day when Kyle and Keith got out the slip n slide Kati chose to sun bathe instead. So when AWANA started this year I insisted that she play even if she didn't want to. I will admit at first she was very unhappy with me but she has really come around.

Mr. John has them play things like tee ball, volley ball, tag, and many other things including hockey where Kati got those lovely bruises from. I saw them Monday morning and asked her if she got hit with the stick last night, she said yes. I asked her if it hurt and she said, "Yeah, but I just rubbed some dirt on it". That's my girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment