Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I did it for the good of the family

This morning we had apple pie for breakfast. It sounds crazy I know, maybe some bad mothering. But really, I did it for the good of the family. There was apple pie left from our anniversary and I needed that dish for Thursday, so it was either eat the pie or go buy a new dish. It was for the good of the family I swear. It had nothing to do with laziness or needing to save the bread for grilled cheese sandwiches and not for toast. It had nothing to do with me enjoying dessert first thing in the morning. And it certainly had nothing to do with me scoring brownie points with the kids.

In fact I had to force it down their throats. There was complaining and I had to threaten sever punishment if they didn't clean their plates.

Oh, who am I kidding, I know I don't have you fouled. The only sounds I heard were happy tummies, begging for their next bit and Timothy throwing a fit when I shared with others.

His groans were so pathetic I had to capture it on film.




You can totally tell by looking at this face that I never feed him.

No comments:

Post a Comment