Monday, November 24, 2008

Today we celebrate eight years of marriage


Yesterday our very good friends resigned from the church and have plans to move to Alabama next month for a full time ministry position......

I was crying as we were getting into the car and he stopped me,

"We're all alone again."

"I know, but I wouldn't want to be alone with anyone but you. You are my best friend."

I continued to cry at the heart ache from losing these dear friends but it was the nicest thing he could have said to me. He is my best friend as well. As long as I can remember Jeffrey has been the one I turned to with any of my problems. The one I long for after a hard day. The one I want to share my stories with. The one I knew I was going to grow old with.

For some reason this morning I can't get the words together to say just how I feel about my love. The feelings are all there, the emotions are swelling within my heart, the tears are freely flowing but I can't get the words to say just what I am thinking and feeling, so I am going to use the lyrics from a song Jeff isn't really fan of but some of the wording is just too perfect

They said, "I bet they'll never make it"
But just look at us holding on
We're still together still going strong

I'm glad we didn't listen
Look at what we would be missin'

You're still the one I run to
The one that I belong to
You're still the one I want for life
You're still the one that I love
The only one I dream of
You're still the one I kiss good night


I am sure that several people thought because of our age that we wouldn't last and to tell you the truth if one of our kids came home at eighteen and said they were getting married I would think they were slap crazy but for us it was right.

I love you babe.
You're still the one.
And I wouldn't want to be alone with anyone else.

**Okay so I don't know what is up with the different font sizes and all that. That's really not cool on this post. I can't fix it. I have tried and tried. Just pretend like it isn't there and walk away from your computer knowing that I love Jeffrey.

1 comment:

  1. you are hot!!!

    If we weren't already...

    ReplyDelete