Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The unknown

We have problems. No one panic, our marriage is fine, the kids are fine but things are some what up in the air for us. Oh about a month ago we were about to walk out the door for church, and I mean literally, when Jeff says he would like to go to his brother Jason's church. I believe this was God driven because the sermon that morning really spoke to me, it placed some thoughts in my mind that I won't share with you now but made me really think about about how I needed to be willing to do whatever the Lord asked me to do even if it didn't make since, even if it didn't feel comfortable. After the sermon Terri, Jeff's mom (the best mother in-law in the world), said that we needed to be prepared for some changes that would probably come in the next months. Don't laugh but Dad has called her a "witchy woman", we tease because she has known when I was pregnant with all three of our kids (at least once before I even knew) and with Jason's kids, so do I think she has the gift of prophecy, no but I don't take her word lightly either. The next Sunday hearing our pastor's sermon I got the same message, to follow the Lord even if it doesn't feel comfortable for me ( and if you know me you know I hate change). At this point finances are not what we would need them to be and we have a vehicle that only starts when it feels like it, and of course it would be the only vehicle that can fit all of the children in it. I'm sure you are sitting there thinking not to worry, Jeff is always sure to remind me that it is a sin :), and I try not to truly I do. I know that the Lord will provide the Bible clearly states in Matthew 6:25 and 26 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" So I know he will provide but my earthly flesh just wonders, and worries, when. In typing out this verse I read further and found comfort in the scripture and would love to share it with you. Matthew 6:34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Ain't that the truth. So please be in prayer for our family and pray according to our Lord's will.

No comments:

Post a Comment