Saturday, September 15, 2007

Tonight my heart breaks for my girl. As I got her ready for bed she began crying that she was not ready for bedtime. No surprise there, every night she and Bear both say this. However tonight as she was in her bed you could see the terror in her eyes. She told me she was afraid and wanted to sleep with me. When I told her I wasn't going to bed but was staying up to work she told me she wanted to work with me. My heart broke as I had to tell her no. She told me she was afraid of monsters. As I stood there and told her that she was fine and there was nothing to be afraid of I felt like a hypocrite because I know that on this night just like every night I will sleep with the hall light on because I am afraid. I feel awful thinking of her lying in her bed scared because even though I can be a bear of a mother when it comes to people messing with my kids once the sun sets there is different side to me, one of a child. So all I can do is smooth back her hair, plant a kiss on her beautiful face and assure her that everything is alright (even though I don't always believe it) and pray that my Lord will take care of her, ease her mind and give her peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment