Friday, August 1, 2008

Is Mike Home? Part 4

We followed the directions to a tee and still couldn't find the address. I thought to myself, "Lord help them if they ever have an accident. 911 will never find them." We drove around for more than an hour. I wasn't ready to give up yet, but I didn't know where to go from there. I finally lost hope and gave up. I decided the Lord did not want me to find my father. Jeffrey went to get gas before we headed home. I cried openly to no one but myself. I had come so close and still had not found him. I had gone to our own home, the lake where we spent hot summers, and flea markets where I would spend the five dollars he would give me. I allowed myself to feel all of that happiness and fear and pain again for nothing. I was no further than when I had started. All I did was reopen healing wounds. I sobbed and felt that same horrible ache in my chest again. Through my tears I looked up and saw a bar. A memory flashed in my mind, many memories. I had been there before.

No comments:

Post a Comment