Friday, August 29, 2008

A bittersweet day

These pictures are old but I wanted to post them anyway. I have so many pictures of things that I just had to share with all five of you but then I never end up posting them.


These pictures are from what our church calls promotion Sunday. I don't know what other churches call it, I have been to the same church all my life. It just means this is the Sunday that all the kids move up to their next age group. And since Kati didn't really get to have that first day of kindergarten picture, you know the one, the one where your mom made you stand outside in your front yard and she licked her thumb to wipe jelly off your cheek before she took your picture, that one, I decided I would take pictures on this day. This special day where my baby girl feels all grown up to me.It didn't help matters that she wanted to take a backpack to church with her that morning. My chest nearly burst with pride looking at my big girl. And no I didn't ask her to pose like this.

?
Of course Mister personality thought he just couldn't be left out.
Here we are outside of her room. You would be proud. There was no screaming or peeling hands off of doors. I did just fine and so did Kati. She just walked right in.
Kati with her teacher. Now that I look at this picture, that lady in the background is also her teacher. I sure am good at leaving people out. Way to go Stacy. Way to get a picture of Kati with her too.

No comments:

Post a Comment