Tuesday, August 5, 2008

When it rains..............there is a tidal wave

Sunday morning while I was fixing Kati's hair for church I found a bug. After some research I confirmed my suspicions that she had lice. So while Jeff headed of the teach Sunday school I headed to our local Wal-mart to get all the supplies I would need to fix this problem.

From start to finish it took me one hour and 45 minutes to treat her hair. That doesn't count all the gathering of toys and things that now need to be washed. After Jeffrey came home I had him check my hair, Kati and I share brushes - a no no I know, and I too have lice. Lovely. What adult wants to admit that. I am completely disgusted. All the boys were checked and came up bug free, thank goodness.

The next day Timbo developed diarrhea. A lot. All day. One was so nasty that I had to go wash my hands before I could put the clean diaper back on. When I came back the was a mess all over the floor. His little bum is now raw. And to make matters worse he doesn't understand any of it. He thinks we are hurting him. Thank God for unconditional love from children otherwise he might not speak to me ever again. There has been lots of rocking and singing and tons of ointment.

Now Bear. My poor Bear. I thought the poor kiddo had chapped lips and face around his lips. I washed him up and rubbed chap stick on his lips and face. After nap Jeff noticed a large blister on his chin. When I looked at him I noticed a blister lining his upper lip. A blister that wasn't there that morning. Jeff headed off to have him checked out. I am to furious to go into all of that but someone is going to get an ear full about their incompetent staff. Jeff left that place, that we will not be returning to and headed to the children's hospital that Bear went to for his concussion. These people were so much more helpful. I was really hard to be waiting at home to find out what was wrong with my little man. Bear is have a reaction to some kind of a bug bite and has a infection on his skin. It doesn't help that it is by his mouth and he keeps liking it and sucking his thumb.

We headed out today to get his prescription when Timbo took a face plant right out the door onto our rug. I don't mean one of those nice plush rugs, I'm talking like those Brillo ones that are there to scrap mud off your shoes. Nice. We get to Wal-mart and they don't have the meds. I go to another one and finally get it but they charge me for it. I don't think I was suppose to be charged.


Sorry for the pity party. I know things could be worse, but ya know, it stinks.

Timbo still has the horribly sore bum.



This is yesterday morning when I thought he just had some chapped skin and lips
This was taken after nap. You can see the blisters on his chin and the one outlinning his top lip. Now the boy has big lips anyway but they are swollen. Poor guy. On a side note notice the darker hair on the side of his upper lip. I'm not ready for that. He is just a baby.
This picture was just taken. His swelling has gone down a lot but now his blisters are ozing and crusting.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you've had a rough few days!! We'll be praying for ya'll.

    ReplyDelete