Monday, June 9, 2008

Date Night

Life gets busy with three kids and at times ya don't get out much. Around here "gettin' out" usually just means a trip to Wal-mart so when I planned our bought the tickets for our special date you could just see the gleam of excitement from Jeffrey's eyes.

Not really.

I kind of want to be vague about things to protect any hint of where we may or may not live but we went to a place to eat. And eat. And eat. Lots of food. A pregnant girls dream, which I am not (I just thought I would rub a little salt in the wound).

When we first got there we had to make a long walk across the parking lot and along the way I felt so light and bubbly looking at all the other happy people. We were one in our love for food and music. It was going to be so fun! And then I walked inside and thought "What have I got myself into?" I don't like crowds and there were people all around us. I also don't like to stand in lines because someone I don't know might touch me or I might feel their body heat. There were lines every where. If it hadn't been for the price of the tickets I might have booked it but instead I just stood there looking overwhelmed. So of course Jeffrey took charge and lead my throw the crowds of people and got us started. I am ever grateful for his ability to take charge.

Jeff and I decided to be adventurous and just try everything, wither we thought we would like it or not. The first place we stopped was a hit, but you can't really go wrong with a quisadilla can you? The next stop had some cold concoction with shrimp, avocado, and raw tomato, all things I hate. Big surprise, even though you put it in a pretty glass it's still gross.

We had other things like cake, fondue, lamb, creme brulle, what I thought was Susi but maybe not, sweet potato chips, key lime pie, some kind of cheese that was like eating glue, and many other things.

I wish I had a picture to share with you all but who wants to look at that. It was so dang hot by the end of the night or clothes were sticking to us. And plus my make-up had just melted clean off.

No comments:

Post a Comment