Thursday, June 26, 2008

Camp

previously written

We are on our last full day of camp. Tomorrow, I believe, we will be packing up and cleaning up. I had this nifty plan about how I was going to write everyday so you all could enjoy our camp experience but we have just been so darn busy. I had even considered writing out our days right now but our days seem to run together in my mind. I'm sure it is even more so for the kids, they keep 'em hoppin.

They begin with breakfast, the most important meal of the day, and then its
8:00 Quiet time
9:00 Rec
10:00 Bible Study
11:00 Lesson with Camp speaker
12:00 Lunch
1:30 -3:30 Track Time
3:30- 5:30 Free Time
Dinner
7:00 Worship/Lesson with Camp speaker
9:00 Lesson with our own youth group
10:00 Night Life
11:00 Back to your rooms
11:30 Lights out (yeah right!)

On the go, on the go, must be this camps motto but the kids love it. Their days are filled with activities like, in line skating, drama, volleyball, backpacking, Girl time, precussions, crafts, crafts with duct tape, battle ball, ultimate Frisbee and so much more. And yet with all the "fun" things to do at camp more than one girl told me her favorite thing at camp was Bible time or worship. That just melts my heart. And I have to say it was my favorite part as well.

Our speaker for the week is Ryan Fontenot. What a blessing it has been to hear him. It seems today that so many ministers, youth and adult alike, want to fancy foot around issues, "If we tell that that they wont comae back to church," they say. Well honey, let me tell you there is no fancy footin' with Ryan. He just lays it out for ya. Youth today need that.

After our evening worship we would get together as a group with our kids. We don't really know where these kids stand with the Lord. They all have varying backgrounds. So Kyle has gone back to the basics. "What does it mean to be a christian" "How do you become a christian" and my favorite lesson was "Cut that crap out". No one gasp, you know the kids talk like that. He challenged the kids to quite faking it. Don't pretend things are fine. Stop acting like you have it all together. You could tell the kids were uncomfortable, some convicted, but for most just uncomfortable. I'm glad he did it. Maybe they need to be uncomfortable and/or convicted.

I am glad Kyle and Michele have come to our church. Kyle is upfront and strong while Michele is tenderhearted and soft. I think that is a great mix for our youth.


I will be back at some point with pictures and what not.

No comments:

Post a Comment