Monday, May 18, 2009

Just in case I was getting to big for my britches

Kati "Why are my pants like that?"
Me "Because you are tiny."
Kati "Where do I get that from?"
Me "I don't know."
Kati "Maaaybe from like Ms. Michele or Ms. Erica?"
Me "No it doesn't work like that. Do you think mommy is small?"
Kati, with a twisted face "No"
Me "Why not?"
Kati, same twisted face "Because I just don't."



___________________________________

While in Alabama we shopped for swimsuits. The boys were easy, just make sure they don't fall off their waists. For Kati however it's more difficult. First I have to deem it modest and then it can't be hideous and then for the part all woman hate, does it fit right? Kati and I have the same body type -mine with some extra fluff- She is going to be shapely in her bottom half. My big hips and behind have been something I liked about myself all these years, well except for maybe that time I knocked off more than one book on my way down the aisle of desks at school. And since it looks like Kati is going to be the same way and most girls don't like their big hips I try to make them seem okay. We have talked before, in regular conversation, about how God makes us all different and that is good because life would just be boring otherwise.

So anyway, sometimes finding a swimsuit that covers enough of her tush can be difficult. She would try one on, I would turn her around and see way more than I should, make her take it off and go on to the next one. We took eight suits with us. I was being to worry about what she was thinking about herself so I started the conversation again

"You know Kati God made us all different. Some of us are tall, some of us are tiny, some of us have brown skin, some of us have freckles-

"Like Daddy"

"-Yes like Daddy and I think you will have a lot like him too and you have a body shaped like Mommy's"

"No I don't"

"Yeah you do"

"Nuh-uh"

"Okay, why don't you?"

"Because your tummy is all squishy and wrinkly and mine doesn't look like that."


Okay, she has a point but before she destroyed my body my belly bottom was just a cute as hers. I do like to remind her every time we walk by bikini's that I will never again get to wear one because of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment