Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Could someone please tell me what it is I am growing?

Jeffrey will tell you that I don't have a green thumb, whatever the opposite of green is, well that is what I have. My honey loves to ask people why they would want to be so cruel to a plant when I receive them from other people. And he is right. I once killed a cactus.

I do however want to have a green thumb and I love flower pots. In fact there is one a Wal-mart that has been calling to me now for months but I have shown marvelous restraint and not purchased it. I am embarrassed to admit that as of right now I have four flower pots sitting on my porch with nothing in them and one that has a severally struggling aloe vera. And then there is the pot pictured above. I have no idea what that is. I should tell you that I put several different seeds in there over the years and I have seen some squirrels bury things there. I have planted blue bonnets, onions, various flowers and I know that some pumpkin seeds from our jack 0 lantern fell in there as well.

I'm guessing pumpkin and that may be just wishful thinking on my part since I love them. Jeff said maybe I can grow one in the shape of the pot, like the Chinese grow their watermelons. That man cracks me up. One of the many reasons I married him.

2 comments:

  1. That is hilarious!! Don't feel too bad...my maiden name is Gardner and I can't keep a plant alive to save my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure you are growing a pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete