Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I woke up bright and early again on Saturday but this time I went out in the dark by myself to take photo's of the sunrise. For me that is really brave. At one point I was lost and almost had to call Jeffrey to come find me.
It was still rewarding. At one point I walked right up on some deer. I guess because of the darkness neither one of us knew the other was close. I unfortunately didn't get a picture. When I started moving to get the camera they took off.


Saturday we took a much more leisurely day. Jeff slept in and I just hung around for a while. We went into town to get some food from Wing Stop, neither of us have been there before, brought it back and watched a movie while we ate. Then we had to rush to get ready for our night date.We saw this little guy on the way out. He was so cute I had Jeff stop so I could take his picture.

For our date we were able to go to a UT game thanks to Charlotte, a very generous lady from Jeff's job. We left over and hour before the game started and that still wasn't early enough. Traffic was a nightmare. I was glad Jeff was driving, if it had been me we would have just left. People walking everywhere in the street, other people transporting people on bikes zooming in and out of moving cars. It was nuts!

After we finally found our parking garage and made it down to the street a man offered us a ride on his golf cart. It was six dollars but we were on vacation and the game was about to start so why not, we hopped on. I'm glad we did. This guy was a trip. Hollering and talking to people as we drove. We zoomed all around taking back streets nearly running over pedestrians while he talked to an officer(No one be concerned, they wouldn't have been really hurt had he actually hit them). He was funny and got us there right on time. I only wish we could have find him after the game.



It was a big stadium.

They kept shooting off this stupid cannon and scaring me half to death.

All I can really tell you about the game is they said it was the most people to ever attend a football game in Texas. And that I forgot my book in the car. That's a long game when you've got nothing to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment