Monday, March 3, 2008

What was I thinking and some other news too

First I'll start with the what was I thinking because, well....What was I thinking? The new music minister called and asked me to help with the Easter thingy at the church. I told Ed I was very shy and he replied that he thought I would be good for it. I told him clearly he didn't know me well yet. I agreed only if he would listen to me first and find out if I was terrible and he said as long as I was directable it would all be fine. So somewhere in a loss of better judgment I agreed. What was I thinking?
I will be preforming a monologue as Mary Magdalen. Has anyone else noticed Easter is coming early this year, thus leaving me with even less time to learn all of these line? What was I thinking? So anyway, as silly as it may sound will you please pray that I will do this all for the glory of God and therefore not worry about how silly I look. That my mind will be totally focused on God and not on the fact that (gulp) people will be looking at me. I hate when people look at me. Why is God asking me to come so out of my comfort zone lately?

Other news. Did I ever post about the church hiring a new youth pastor? I can't remember and am too lazy to look through old posts to see if I did. Soooo, the church hired a new youth pastor. His name is Kyle and he is 24. He is recently married, and when I say recently married I don't mean like in the last couple of years I mean in the last couple of months. His wife is a doll, Michelle, and she is 23. The youth seem to really like them and I am so glad. He has begun painting the youth room and has a disciple now planned in a couple of weeks. Just in case anyone is wondering, yes, Jeffrey is still working with the youth. He will be teaching Sunday school to the high school students.

And one more "other news". Jesse found out tonight where he will be stationed. West Memphis Arkansas. Boo! But I will try and be positive, at least it's not New York or Afghanistan.

No comments:

Post a Comment