Thursday, February 14, 2008

Welcome to the world Aaliyah


Today our friend Sarah gave birth to a beautiful little girl, Aaliyah.

Yesterday Sarah and I were talking and I found out she would like me to be at the hospital today. I was thrilled but if you know me then you also know that I was absolutely terrified as well. I hate new situations, but I love Sarah and the wee one that was growing inside her so I forged ahead. Dan and Terri were so wonderful to come out today and watch the kids so I could make it.

I hadn't planned on it nor was I expecting it but once I got there I was secretly hoping she would ask me to stay for the birth and I got too. Sarah did so great. I was very proud of her. It was fun for me, I have never been the one saying "you're doing great, keep pushing" it is always being said to me.

12:11 p.m
6lbs and 15oz
20 inches
Aaliyah Annemarie


Thank you Sarah for letting me be a part of the wonderful day!


Oh, I forgot to mention two things.
I gave myself a headache during her labor. Everytime they were counting to ten while she pushed I was holding my breath. I was watching this miracle happen when all of the sudden I was thinking to myself "Man, I don't feel so good". It's a good thing I figured it out before I passed out.
And the other thing, which I found so very interisting was after the birth her doctor showed her the sac and placenta which I have never seen before. God is so cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment