Friday, July 9, 2010

My Husband Rocks


My husband married a t-shirt and jeans kind of girl. I haven't ever been the girlie type. I mean at one point in high school I wore combat boots everyday. Not real girlie.

Over the years that has changed, and mostly here recently. It's not that I never wanted to be girlie I just wasn't sure how to go about it. Jeff rocks because he helps me be more girlie. I never know what things go together, I'm too afraid to get it wrong. But since he has been helping me I kind of like shopping now, minus the kids of course. I even wonder around the shoe department, even when I know I can't buy anything, just because I like looking. The other day I saw a pair of heels I have loved for many months now but they were way more than I had ever payed for heels and just could never justify it. I came across them again at 60% off. Now mind you I wasn't there to buy shoes. I needed a new dress for work and with my gift certificate the dress was only going to cost me 3.08. What a blessing! I didn't need the shoes. I had perfectly fine ones at home. Now I will admit that my own personal shoe department is lacking. I normally wear the same heels until I have to buy new ones. I don't think I have ever owned more than one pair of tennis shoes at a time. More of me just not being girlie. I digress.......

Anyway I put the shoes on, knowing I wasn't going to buy them, walked up and down the aisle while the kids chatted to me. I walked to a mirror to admire them. Love them more. And then I put them back in their box, even though they were on sale and returned them to the shelf. It stunk but I didn't need them, I needed the dress.

I was proud of my mature decision and sent Jeff a text after I had left the store. He asked how much and I replied. He sent back to get them and I said 'no, I didn't need them'. His reply was he was my husband and he told me to go back and get those shoes.

Was it going to hurt us for me to buy those shoes? No, not with them on sale, but I don't do things like that for me. Jeffrey knows that and knew I would never get them unless he told me too. I would have been fine without them, he knows that too, but he also knows I had wanted those shoes for months and he wanted to spoil me.

My husband rocks because he makes me be nice to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment