Friday, April 16, 2010

My Husband Rocks


As I mentioned in my last post I have strong attachment to smells. I also have strong attachments to things. I think to most women it doesn't seem odd but I think the majority of men do get it because it's just stuff.

But not for me. I kept a bottle of water Jeffrey left in the car on the way to the airport for over a week because it made me think of him. I have a cough drop that he gave me when I was sick, I just couldn't use it. A bottle cap from another night. A note written on a gum wrapper during church when we were teens. A broken ring from matching rings we shared as kids. And a rock from 1997. Things mean things to me.

My husband rocks because he gets that. He doesn't care that I keep all of this silliness that takes up space in our home and he is willing to get rid of things that are to hard for me to keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment