Monday, February 8, 2010

Getting to know you


When we sit down for supper at night I ask the kids two questions; what was your favorite part of today and what did you hate? I get so much more information out of them this way. When I ask the "what did you do at school today" I get 'I don't remember' or just a tid bit of information. I really enjoy hearing their answers and I learn so much more about them.

Another thing we have started doing as a family lately is talking about what we are thankful for at breakfast. I was beginning to lose sight of how blessed I am by our awesome God and this keeps me more centered. I love hearing the kids answers as well. One morning everything Bo answered was food related. I should mention that he chose not to eat dinner the night before. I want my kids to have a more positive out look on life than I do.

There is one more thing that I have started with the kids that has me get a good look at who they really are and what they are really feeling. I have begun asking them what I can pray for about them that day. I wasn't sure how it would go over but it has worked well.

I don't share all of this because I am bragging, truth be told I have felt like a crummy mom from the second day Kati was born, I share this to give you ideas you may not have thought about to get to know your own kids.

I love my little stinkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment