Sunday, May 6, 2007

diaries of an ouchie foot :)

I feel horrible. We went to bed and I didn't think about setting an alarm to wake up and give him pain killers so now he is hours over due and just waiting for things to kick in. I guess this is something where I will just have to learn by experience but I wish I knew it all right now. I am getting better though, I now have pillows in each room ready to go for when he moves from one room to the next. He is so uncomfortable and I can't make it better. That is such a helpless feeling to see my love in pain and I can't instantly make it better. And selfishly for me I miss sleeping with him. We obviously can't both fit on the couch together so that is out of the question so you would think the bed right?............WRONG We have this mattress that makes you roll to the middle so to keep that from happening Jeff has to sleep right in the center. Now there something that you must understand about me, I just have to be touching Jeffrey when I sleep. Even on hot summer nights when he is irritable and doesn't want to touch I wait.............I wait to hear soft even breathing and then my toes silently and softly creep across the bed to find the back of his calf and then for me all is right with the world again and I can drift off to sleep too. Nights slept without Jeffrey, three and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment