Thursday, August 9, 2012

Growing up

At some point while I was away from home Bug started to grow up even more.  I noticed when I came home that she had almost stopped biting all of her nails.  I encouraged her and she was all done biting by the end of the week.  She now sports nicely trimmed, manicured and painted finger nails.  She is more concerned, I don't like that (it sounds vain), lets say more aware of her appearance.  She notices if her hair is out of place and is brushing it on her own.  She loves clothes and fashion.  I am being sure to emphasize the importance of who we are instead of our looks.  I think she gets it as much as an 8 year can get.

I think I am going to have a shopping buddy  and a possible clothes thief in the future....
while we were shoe shopping for the kids I noticed some heels that were calling to me.  I went over to check them out knowing they weren't going home with me.  Out loud I said, mostly to myself, "I don't even know why I am looking at theses.  We aren't shoe shopping for me."  To which Kati replied "Yeah, but one little peek won't hurt."

No comments:

Post a Comment