Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Chick-fil-a

Like many Americans today I waited in line to buy Chick-fil-a.  There were countless cars and our wait in line began outside of their parking lot.  I did not do this today to say that I hate gay people.  Over the course of my life I have been aquaintinces, friends, and/or family with 4 homosexuals.

Mr. Cathy did not say in his interview that he hated gay people.  I hate that because of some Christians actions and because of some homosexuals assumptions that we are all lumped together in our beliefs.  I do not support gay marriage.  I won't ever support gay marriage.  Do I hate the people who do support it?  Absolutely not. 

Today was a great opportunity to share with my kids.  We talked about God's wants for our lives.  We talked about peoples choices and how we are to react to those choices- love those people, just not their choice.  I want my children to grow up understanding we are all different, we all have our own struggles.  God doesn't love me any less with my struggles.  He doesn't love you less with your struggles.  We are broken people.  I wish everyone could just see that.  Everyone struggles with something, gossiping, stealing, infidelity, put things/people before God, homosexuality, addictions, gluttony, lying.  God wants us all to choose Him.  And those struggles don't always go away when you become a Christian you just now have Someone to lean on.

No comments:

Post a Comment