Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Oops!

I was so excited for our white Christmas. I can't ever remembering having one. When I realized that we were going to the ranch later that day and could get snow shots I was thrilled. What I didn't take into account would be all the mud.

Before I left the house Jeffrey warned me to be careful and not get stuck in any mud. I told him I would be just fine and headed out. I was pumped. I knew just were I was headed first. As I looked up behind me in the rear-view mirror I saw a this gorgeous snow capped home with a beautiful sunset behind it.

I got one, ONE shot when my battery died. I chose to be optimistic about it. Telling myself that I was very close to the house and could just swing back and grab my other battery. I wasn't going to kick myself for not bringing it to begin with. I turned my ipod up loaded just in time to hear "It Happens" by Sugarland when the car lost traction.
And I was stuck. I tried for just a short while to free the car but feared I was only making matters worse. Clearly I wasn't smart enough for this job because I didn't even think to roll up the window when I was trying to get out of my predicament, leaving the inside of my car muddy as well.
I sheepishly walked back to a home full of boys having to admit I did the one thing they warned me not to do.
At least they were all great about having to help me in the freezing cold. And as you can see I wasn't as stuck as I thought but still too stuck for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment