Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Barbie


Now, there is to be laughing at me while you read this! I love Barbie. I had tons of them as a child and saved them for my own little girl. I even have the Barbie that was my mothers as a child out on our entertainment stand. Even now as an adult I get the butterflies seeing them in the store. Now, I don't buy any because that would just be silly but I wish I could. Oh, I forgot to mention that on our wedding day Jeffrey bought me the Wedding Edition Barbie 2000. She is beautiful and has never been opened. If there were a fire she would be one of the things that I would try to save. One day she will be passed down to Kati. Kati knows this already and talks about it from time to time. But tonight Barbie broke my heart. If you have been through any toy aisles in the last year, maybe two, then you have seen BRATZ. I was told by Jeffrey that I can't write the words I really think about them. Let's just say they are completely inappropriate for children. They are barely dressed dolls with more make-up than Tammy Faye Baker. Jeff and I have already discussed how Kati will never own one nor play with one. When we see them in the store if Kati comments on them we end up having a talk about how ladies should dress. For the first time tonight I saw My-scene. It's Barbies answer to losing money to BRATZ. Mattel, I am appalled at you. We had spent nearly three hours looking for a Barbie for our little girl because of all the joyous memories I have of using your product and you sold out to make money. It's a sad sad day.
Now that I spilled that all out maybe I can go to bed but I am still sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment