Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Game time





Last night we bought two new games, well they really aren't new, just new to the kids. And I can't even really say they were both for the kids because we really bought one of them for us. I like playing games with family however if you catch me with a group a people I will adamantly claim that I don't. I really enjoy just being silly with Jeff and that is usually what happens when we play games. Anyway, last night we bought Hungry Hungry Hippo and Ker plunk. I could wait to get the games going. We started with Hungry Hippo. I was really excited about this one because Bear always wants to play Hi-ho-cherry-o and I won't let him. At first I couldn't figure out why at the end he never had any marbles. On the next round I watched him to see if he understood. He understood alright, his hippo would eat some and then he would put them back out to catch again. Occasional he would tell his hippo "eat, eat". He was so glad to be playing with the big kids. Kati had a good time too and of course she had to be the pink hippo. Ker plunk was really for us but Kati asked to play and you know Jeffrey and I have a hard time telling those blue eyes no when it comes to little things. They liked that game too but that is a lot of work when they don't understand careful selection of sticks. That's a lot of preliminary work to only play for a minute or two. Before Kati even got out of bed this morning she wanted to know if we could go wake up Bear and if we could play "hun-gee" hippo. Amazingly we played Hungry Hippo before breakfast. If you know Bear then you know what a big deal that is. Nothing happens before breakfast and I mean nothing, not even a new diaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment